Developing People-Centric Leadership
Strong company leadership is a key component of successful lean manufacturing operations. That said, developing strong leadership is a difficult task. A recent article from Industry Week examines the benefits of people-centric leadership (PCL) and offers the following tips for developing PCL within your manufacturing organization:
- Introspection – Encourage your company’s leaders to focus their energy on reflecting on and refining their own actions and behaviors, rather than micromanaging the behavior of others.
- Strong Relationships – Understand that in order to develop strong leadership, you first need strong relationships between your leaders and the various players on your manufacturing teams.
- Communication – Leaders at manufacturing organizations with strong PCL excel at listening closely and communicating clearly with their teams.
- Appreciation – The best leaders are those who observe what their employees do and recognize them for what they do well. Acknowledging the contributions of team members goes a long way.
- Effective Training – Leaders who can act as effective coaches are key. Members of leadership who demoralize or create resentment with their correction are bad for organizations. Seek out leaders who can act effectively as coaches to your team.
For further details, click here to read the article in full at Industry Week.