2021 Tech Trends in Manufacturing
2020 was a year full of struggles and slowdowns. One thing that did not find itself in that category, however, was automation in manufacturing and industrial practices. Sharon Goldman reached out to manufacturing leaders and experts to find the six trends that are anticipated to stand out in Industry 4.0.
- Optimization of supply chain in localized regions.
- To boost processing time and ensure agility, manufacturers will need to shift to working closer to where data is being created.
- Utilizing 3D printing to create a unique combination of parts that function better and are more cost effective.
- IT infrastructures will need to be able to support the digital transformation in a scalable, flexible and adaptable way.
- With continued social distancing and remote work, artificial intelligence will be required to work with human interaction in mind.
- Investment in industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is expected to grow to $110.6 billion by 2025.
To read Sharon’s full article on Forbes, click here.